Welcome To Chimera Miniatures: Our blog thats dedicated to Mine and My fiancées painting studio!

Thursday, January 22, 2015

SONS OF MEDUSA: More work on Captain (veteran sgt) PERSEUS! and much much more!

Hi everyone been plugging away on my SONS OF MEDUSA army!

Heres Perseus in all his glory without his hair:



The motivation for adding hair came form the fact that as a kid, when I seen the original clash of the titans (not the new remake which was a whole lot of meh), he had long curly hair, so I decided to go sorta with hair and without, What? haha I decided on a comb over!


Perseus in the Original clash of the titans!


And as soon as I thought comb-over the first image that popped in my head was the Inquisitor from the PS3 spacemarine video game!:

the praetor head also has some of the scaring to boot! just on the a posing side, and I'll be doing  a flip with a little less hair, and a little less in his face!

Heres is Perseus Finally completed with his Green stuff hair and ready to be primed and painted!



 I'm so glad I chose to do it! I'm very happy with the looks!

Rocking his comb over like he listens to heavy metal hahaha

Also today I did up sanguinary angel sanguinous shoulder pauldrons to look more like mark 4 heresy ones:



and added a plume to his mask,  The plume will be painted black and white! and the mask I'm painting half white half black to match the sons of medusa mechanus skulls, he's going to have a very Greek mosaic paint job:


The use of the Sanguinary Angel mask was inspired by Tigris of Gaul (played by one of my Favorite actors: Sven-ole Thorsen) from gladiator:


and finally the custom flame thrower/communicator Tactical marine I spent today building!


 note the custom leg!


Just needs some clean up and he's ready for priming thne paint!

Also his flamer is a guard flamer, As the Medusans scrounge and seize enemy and fallen warrior weapons
I think for a paint job he'll be all black (will be doing the chipping effect on him) like the Iron hands but with green Medusan shoulder pauldrons!


Any questions, comments, concerns, or Conversion/Painting inquiries leave us a comment or email:
chimera-miniatures@hotmail.com
Thank-You
Tyler Read


No comments:

Post a Comment